Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog Update Post 2!

Over the next few days, as I prepare material for the new blog and begin the process of closing this one down, you'll probably notice a few changes. For example: the background is likely to go a bit wonky. Columns may move around. There may be header pictures. New boxes may appear, just as old boxes may disappear. Text styles may change. Colors may shift. And other stuff of a similar nature may change, because I am testing out Blogger features and figuring out what the new blog is going to look like. Enjoy watching the strange alterations, because this is probably the only time you'll see stuff like this happening on my blogs.

Anyway, on another note, the new blog isn't launched, yet. In fact, on my profile, it doesn't even say I have another blog, yet.

Why is this?

Well, the answer is quite simple. I cannot decide on a name. (There's going to be an interesting post on this in the new blog because, while searching for a name, I ran across something I wrote a long time ago and about went into hysterics. Is it weird to be slightly jealous of yourself? Probably, but let's not go there.)

I've been trying out various ideas and, thus far, none of them have really stuck with me. The one name I thought I genuinely liked is already taken, but I'm kind of over that name now anyway. For a while, I even thought that I might just rename this blog and take my name here with me, but that's a lot of tagged posts to clean up, many names in posts and on the blog to replace, and several pictures to dispose of. Plus, I'm not actually deleting this blog. I'm just shutting it down. So, I'd rather keep the name belonging to this blog on this blog. That way I can reference back from the new blog effectively.

Any ideas for a new name? Just kidding. I'll figure it out... eventually.

 ***************************

Also, I just realized that I forgot to mention: I am staying here on Blogger for the time being. If I'm honest, I love Blogger. This site has been a wonderful blogging platform thus far, and I would like to continue using their services because of that.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Glad you're staying on Blogger. I automatically assumed you were, when you mentioned moving.

    I'd love to stay and watch the anomalies, but I think I have work to do... Hopefully I'll see some later.:P

    ReplyDelete