Saturday, June 25, 2011

Announcements And Notes

As of yesterday, Ink Is Gold has been under construction, (Finally!) and that means it is time to introduce you to the changes: 


Top Bar Changes:

You may have noticed that the pages bar up at the top has changed. There is now an 'About Me' page and a 'My Work' page. The 'Independent Study' page has been removed, due to the fact that I've decided to combine that page with the 'My Work' page and the 'Writing Tips' page.


Side Bar Changes:

The 'About Me' section on the sidebar is less personal and considerably shorter than the 'About Me' page on the top bar is going to be. It will continue to exist for those of you who prefer to read the short version.

On the side of the blog, there has been a section labeled 'Works In Progress'. There are a couple of bars showing off the progress of a few of my current projects. For those of you who have been reading here for a while, you may have noticed that those bars have remained relatively unchanged. I have finally figured out how to operate those and I will be updating them now! (How exciting! Not really, unless you happen to be writing and using those bars as competition - in which case you may find them helpful.)


Blog Posts:

I've went through and done some minor alterations on some of the blog posts. More of these to come, along with some bigger changes.


Ink Is Gold - Twitter:

For those of you who don't know, Ink Is Gold has a Twitter page. This is on the side bar.

Although this isn't really a change, I thought it was important to bring this to everyone's attention.
The Twitter page for Ink Is Gold is:

http://twitter.com/#!/K_L_Stevens

It is not Ink Is Gold. I realized the other day that while I have been getting hits from Twitter, I have not been receiving any messages on Twitter, and it occurred to me that people may be typing @InkIsGold, which sends you no where. I don't get those messages. I get messages addressed to @K_L_Stevens.


Ink Is Gold - Formspring:

Ink Is Gold also has a Formspring page, labeled Q & A on the sidebar. This is for all of your questions. Thus far, it hasn't been used and that's fine, but I just wanted to let everyone know that it's there and that I check it periodically. As far as that goes, you can probably ask questions through Twitter, too, but Formspring keeps them around and looking somewhat organized.

 Links:

Over on the sidebar, there are some new links for you to check out.

Background:

I'm not totally sure, yet, but I think we're going to get a new background on here over the summer. I'm kind of bored looking at this one.

Side Bar Changes Part 2:

This is separated because it isn't really related to the other.

I think we may be getting another sidebar on the left. Maybe not, maybe so. Still debating on this one.


Ink Is Gold Update Schedule:

Yes, we finally have one! The blog will now be updated every Monday and Friday. Hope you enjoy the new schedule!



And... I think that's it? I don't know. Maybe not. I'll edit this later if I think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment