Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Summer Plan: Blog Revisions

So, this post is rather late because I have spent the last few weeks warring over an idea. When I sat down to write this post, I had a choice to make. On one hand, I was considering posting something for writing tips - because it has been a while since I've done a post like that. And, on the other hand, I was looking at this blog and considering taking it in a new direction. As you can probably tell, according to the title, I went with the latter option.

When I started this blog, I had it in my head that this was going to be mostly focused around writing. It was designed as a place to offer up some of the stuff that I have learned over the years, in hopes that those tips could help someone else. And, on the side, I was going to write book reviews.

However, I have severely misjudged the amount of time I have for writing blogs. School has kept me busy. Life has kept me busy. My actual writing has kept me busy. Basically, I had a grand idea in my head and I started on it when I was unwilling to make time for it. That is going to change.

Thus far, I do not feel that this blog has lived up to my original dreams. And, to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in myself because of that. So, I've made a decision. School ends for me on June 16th, 2011. And it doesn't just end for a few days, I'm done for at least a year, which gives me loads of free time. When school gets out, I'm going to set aside some of the time I spent working on school stuff to work on this blog. In other words, I am planning to revise the posts that are on here already.

There are a fair amount of changes that are going to be made around here. I know that this probably isn't a common blog practice, but I hope you'll stick around to see it through. After revisions are done, I really hope the posts here in Ink Is Gold will be more enjoyable to read.

The other good news is: Once school is out, I'll be able to update this on a pretty much fixed schedule. More reading material!

Thank you for your patience and I am really sorry about the delays.




PS: Does anyone, at this point, actually read the twitter? Also, have any of you considered using the formspring account for Ink Is Gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment