Friday, September 2, 2011

Blog Updates

August is over, which is really hard to believe. But with that thought in mind, it's time to discuss what's coming up next on Ink Is Gold and what sort of changes will be made in the new future (or have been made).

August:


First off, given that Camp NaNoWriMo is now officially over for the year, the background has switched back to normal and posts will no longer center around Camp related fun.

September:

During the month of September, posts on the blog will carry on as usual. Meaning that anything I feel like writing as a post may once again appear on here without regulation. I expect that you'll be seeing a book review or two, some writing related stuff, and a possible music recommendation or a few.

I also intend to fill in the 'About Me' page and to update the small 'About Me' section in the side bar. Cheers to getting stuff done.

October:

During October, I've decided to do something a bit different from usual. I'm going to do a theme month. Every post made during the month - apart from something I'm going to mention in a bit - will be centered around a particular topic. In other words, October is going to be my sort of research project. I'm going to find a great deal of information and I'm going to pass some of it on to you readers. 

The topic of October will be: Poetry

I know this probably won't interest all of you, but I hope that some of you can get some use out of it.

Anyway, moving on...


November:


November is still going to be NaNoWriMo month. The majority of the posts made will revolve around my NaNo novel and around various parts of NaNoWriMo. There will, of course, be a few posts that are off topic, though. And, for the record, I intend to be a lot more prepared for NaNoWriMo than I was for Camp this year. It's time to get some serious work done on a novel. No more procrastination

Delayed Changes:

You will, at some point in the future, see changes on the 'My Work' page. However, I've decided that I am only going to fill this page in once I've submersed myself in a major project. There's no use in handing out teasers for something that's going to end up in the trash. Know what I mean?


In other words, this page could be a while yet.


Last But Not Least:

I'm introducing a new feature to the blog!
Lately, I've been finding some really cool stuff that I would like to share with you all. However, often times these things aren't things I want to waste an entire Monday or Friday post on - and, on occasion, I really do feel like somebody else already tackled all of the points that I would like to cover. So, beginning this coming week, I'm introducing a new sort of blog post.

Keep your eye out for:

Ink Wednesdays


It won't happen every week - at least, I don't think it will - but it will occur whenever I find a bit of information that I would like to share with you, and it will happen when I'm introducing someone new to the Ink Is Gold 'Links' page.


Thanks for reading and I'll see you on Monday with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment