Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ink Wednesday



  • Q10 is a wonderful program available for download at the link. I used this program last year during NaNoWriMo. You can set word goals, timers, background color, text color, and other things. It's great for keeping procrastination to a minimum and encouraging focus because it makes opening other windows much more difficult. 
  • Write or Die is also a great program for use during NaNoWriMo, but I've found that it also helps with writing school papers. In this program, you set a word goal and a time limit. Then you  begin to write. But when you stop writing for several seconds, the screen begins to turn red and then a most irritating sound is emitted until you begin to type again. What a great way to inspire someone to continue! Not that I need that kind of motivation to finish my homework, of course...
  • Forvo. Not necessarily a writing tool, but by far one of the coolest websites around, in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Now that last one is useful, especially for oral presentations in other languages. I might have to use it this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I loved that one during foreign language classes! It also has some (more popular) names on there from other countries, which is nice for character naming.

    ReplyDelete