Saturday, August 27, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo: Day 27

So, I think it might be time to mention the fact that I've stopped writing my Camp novel. The thing is, I really thought that I would pick it back up again. But I haven't, yet, and I doubt that I will. Why is that, exactly?

Well, truthfully, this Camp experience hasn't been wonderful. And, since I was so pumped up about this in the beginning, I'm going to explain why... sans the plethora of small details that created the bits I am sharing.

For the first time, I was attempting to write a novel without really doing much planning. But, as it turns out, if I don't have a plot outlined, then I don't have inspiration to write. Hence, not a lot of writing has gotten done this month. (I should note here that my progress bar has been left unattended due to the fact that my computer... for some reason... no long has a calculator and I'm not sure where my school one is, at the moment. I do have more done than that.)


Second, I broke my foot. It's getting better now - thankfully - but for the majority of this month, I've been in pain and doing a lot of bed rest. (That's boring, in case you were wondering.)

Reason 2.5, because of the bed rest, I didn't get my work done because I couldn't actually move much. So I've been doing that, instead.

Third - and probably the real reason behind the lack of novel writing - I've been suffering depression for a while now and this month, it kind of swallowed me whole. And when I'm depressed, I don't do much of anything because I feel like I can't do anything properly. And the not doing anything leads to a deeper depression, because I'm not getting anything done and that makes me feel guilty and just worthless - which leads to a 'why bother', and that leads to more worthless feelings and can't do anything right feelings, etc., etc. etc. You get the point.

Anyway, so that's it, really. I feel like I should have more reasons than that, and I probably do, but I really can't see past the last one at this point. My real mission this month has been overcoming that.

So, I apologize for the lack of excitement and what not. Hopefully things will be better in November. Either way, I promise that November will be all about NaNoWriMo and I'll finish it whether I'm feeling better or not. Sound good?

I sincerely hope your Camp novels aren't looking as miserable as mine is. Good luck to all of you still writing!

And, because I have to:


Write 400 words if you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment