Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello, everyone! And, while I'm at it, Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who are celebrating!

As promised, the photo above is of this year's pumpkin, Brighid.

She's been my constant companion throughout this year's NaNoWriMo season.
Sitting in the same corner Mabon used to inhabit, she's added a bit of life to the room
and, thankfully, a bit of inspiration.
**********************************************************

 Now, onwards with our next order of business.

You may have noticed that the usually scheduled posts have not occurred over the last week or so. Truthfully, I'm having a bit of a rough time coming off of hiatus. Being out of school, I can't seem to keep the days straight, which is proving to be a bit of a problem. However, I've actually been missing for a different reason. On Friday and Saturday, I was out of town and, on Monday, my internet wasn't working properly. We're upgrading our internet service at the moment, and we haven't gotten the new modem, yet. So, currently, our internet service is a bit spotty and strange.

My apologies.

**********************************************************

Last, but not least, I've got a bit of news for you.

As of right now, I'm not actually intending to continue with NaNoWriMo. I still want to write, but I've had very little time to do so this November. And, if I'm honest, I've had even less inspiration. So, the rest of the NaNo posts that I was planning probably won't appear. Instead, I'll be resuming the usually scheduled posting in December (when NaNo is done and our internet is - hopefully - fixed).

I'm not actually going on hiatus again, so, not to worry. We're not that far off from December and I'm going to take some of the remaining time in November to write up some stellar blog posts.

**********************************************************

Anyway, I think that's about it. Now that you're up to date, I'm going to go and start working on what scraps of NaNo that I've managed to put together. And, with any luck, some coherent chapters will actually form. 

Best wishes to everyone and I hope your novels are going well!

 

2 comments:

  1. My novel is going great! (I'm way behind, but I mean aside from that.:P)

    I just wrote 3000 words in the past two hours. It was really easy, and almost kind of fun. Why don't I just write the word goal every day in November?

    Oh right. Because my computer takes 10-20 minutes to turn on, so it makes more sense to do it all at once. (It might actually be procrastination, but computer issues is a pretty good excuse, eh?:P)

    Maybe somebody will get me a Chromebook for Christmas.
    [/wishful thinking]:P

    You know, I wasn't sure where my novel was going... So I ditched the current course and am now building up to my characters delivering pizza to dragons.

    I love my novel, I really do.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that! It's perfectly okay to be way behind if you're getting decent material!

    I don't know, I think all of us probably ask that question when we fail to meet the word goal for the day. I don't think I wrote more than 2,500 words straight throughout the whole of November... no doubt showcased by my measly 15,000 words. Oh well, perhaps I'll be more inspired next year.

    Ouch. That's quite a while and that definitely makes sense. Computer issues are a totally acceptable excuse. Procrastination? What's that? XD

    I don't think I'm familiar with those... will have to look it up later.

    Dragons and pizza... well, I don't see how a novel could get much better than that. Both awesome and provide warmth (sort of), so it sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete