Friday, November 4, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 4

The adoptable threads on the NaNoWriMo forums are great. I use them quite often, and I'd like to give something back. Now, I could throw these on the forums over there, but it's NaNo month here, too. So, drawing ideas up for one of my favorite threads...


Adopt a character quirk?

  1. Have a character who insists on being on first name basis with all of the workers at (fill in whatever place).
  2. A side character always drops things.
  3. A small child insists on wearing their alien/octopus costume... everywhere.
  4. Two words: Annoying scarves. 
  5. A character wears coffee filters as hats.
  6. Have a character that nobody actually listens to when he/she says anything important.
  7. A character always answers "I love you" with "mm-hmm".
  8. A character always sings "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell.
  9. Sometimes there exists a character that whines about the ugly sweaters a relative makes for them. Well, your character only wears those sweaters - whether they're nice or hideous is up to you - but your character likes them.
  10. Fluffy slippers anyone?
  11. Have a character who makes their own fashion - and it's always stellar - outshining everyone else.
  12. A character talks to their pet fish, and the character believes it's their best confidant... even though the character has a best friend.
  13. A character believes they are invisible. They aren't.
  14. A character makes analogies... all the time... and the analogies always involve a boat.
  15. One character dreams of having a giraffe.
Now, get off of Blogger and go write your novel!

PS: 200 words if you took one.
PPS: And 300 words if you read this post.

3 comments:

  1. Gah! I saw this coming, I did! I'm doing my homework!

    ...Well, I'm kind of not, I'm kind of more so reading your blog, but...

    *sighs* Got it, 300 words, coming up.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't mean to distract you from your homework, but at least you're getting more writing done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Don't worry though, I got my homework done too.

    ReplyDelete