Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 14

Hi, everyone!

Guess what? It's Day 14 of NaNoWriMo (pretty close to half way through)!


Last week, I left you guys with a post moaning about how my NaNo was* going. After I made that post, I dove into my file bank and attempted to settle on an idea to work on for the rest of National Novel Writing Month. Now, as I've probably mentioned before, I'm an incredibly indecisive person, so this really wasn't the sort of task I wanted to face. And, truthfully, I couldn't face it alone. I thought through a lot of plot material - poking far too many holes - and realized that I wasn't any further ahead. So, I consulted a couple of friends for input and I thought some more on what they said.

Finally, after several days of pacing about in the massive amount of possible stories to write sludge, I came up with a new idea and, thus far, I think it's going to work!

You may have noticed that the word count on my NaNo page has not changed. That is because I've come to the realization that I'm sort of addicted to the NaNo forums. So, if I want to get my writing done, I can't go in there. On Thursday**, I will update my account with whatever I've done (and I'll probably browse the forums for several hours).

Now that I'm feeling somewhat back on track, how are your novels doing?

500 words if you you've read this post!


*Read: Wasn't

**Also, regarding the Friday post: I completely lost track of days and I forgot to post on Friday. Therefore, I will also post on Thursday this week. Sorry about that!


PS: Look forward to a writing soundtrack later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment