Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 7

Hello, fellow NaNoWriMo participants.

How are you today? 




We are officially one week into NaNoWriMo and our novels should be at 11,666 words as of today. Key words in that sentence: Should Be.


My word count is currently comfortably nested at 2,290 words... as it has been since day one. Yes, you read that right, I haven't touched my novel at all since the first day. Why? Well, truthfully, I had this novel all planned out ahead of time - not to mention it is a rewrite starting over from plot bones - and I'm completely bored with it. (Note: This is not a surprise and I should have foreseen this. It's happened before.)

However, this week, I am returning to NaNoWriMo with a new vigor. And... I'm starting a new novel. (So much for my plans of committing to the first one, huh?)

From this point forward, I'm going to pour my time into an idea that crept across my mind last night. And, with any luck, I'll be able to pump out 50,000 words by the end of the month. There are still three weeks left, after all, and that should be plenty of time to not only win, but produce some decent material.

I sincerely hope that all of you are having better luck with your novel beasts.

Signed,
Novelist in Distress

PS: I still love you, NaNoWriMo!
PPS: Write 100 words if you read this post...

3 comments:

  1. I'm at 6775 words, and while I rather like the number, I'm a bit behind. Mist and I are going to celebrate 11/11/11 tomorrow by writing 11,111 words (or at least reaching that word count).

    Also, we're having chocolate chip cookies.:)

    100 words? Watch me finish my novel by reading your blog.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh... We changed our minds. But really, writing 11 words makes much more sense anyways, right?:P

    They were a pretty awesome 11 words though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still ahead of me... I think? (I haven't counted recently.)

    Wouldn't it make more sense to write 1,111,111,111 words? :D Eleven good words are better than 11,111 not so good words, though. It is something about quality over quantity, right?

    Slightly jealous of the cookies, but I've been drinking hot cider, so I'm still pretty happy.

    Now I have to make it to 50,000. :P

    ReplyDelete